Granny Stripe Blanket

Granny Stripe Blanket

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Trendy Chevron Baby Blanket

Recently, a friend of mine asked me to make her a baby blanket to give to a friend as a baby shower present. Since I dearly love my friend, I agreed to make the blanket.

The friend had decided to do her bedroom in trendy chevron patterns with teal, coral and gray colors. I immediately went to one of my favorite yarn websites (www.woolwarehouse.co.uk) and bought a few skeins of Aspen, Shrimp and Silver. In my opinion (and thankfully, the mother-to-be's opinion as well!), the colors went together marvelously!!!

I was super nervous to commit to a chevron blanket... When I first started to crochet, I attempted chevron twice and it just wasn't right! So I searched and searched Pinterest, hoping to find the perfect pattern. I finally came across this pattern, and I have to say, it was worth the wait! http://bellusthreads.com/2013/06/23/chevron-baby-blanket-free-crochet-pattern/

I love how this pattern does a row of doubles, then singles and back and forth. In the end, I think it turned out really well!!

If you choose to do this pattern, note that the little holes on the double rows will match up and the even smaller holes on the single rows will match up. Don't expect all of the rows to match up perfectly!


Until next time, 

Callie 



No comments:

Post a Comment